Skip to main content

Tax Talk - Mileage rates

If you're self-employed you can use the Inland Revenue mileage rate to calculate the cost of using your motor vehicle for business purposes. Last year the commissioner reviewed the mileage rate for the 2015 tax year and decreased it from 77 to 74 cents per kilometre